Bucket Truck Services
For the non-electrical employees who make use of a bucket truck to carry out their jobs, a very dangerous hazard may come from the overhead utility cables. In certain cases, even telephone drops can generate enough power to kill someone. Reading this article will give you an insight on what to do and what not to do, while handling electric lines. In a nutshell, the donts and dos of avoiding the risk of electrocution is given in this article, something which is very important for non-electric workers to read. There are some important tips you need to keep in mind, while you are on a lift all bucket truck.
1) You should never maintain physical contact with the overhead lines, while on a bucket truck.
2) The distance between you and the electric lines should be at least 10 feet.
3) You can install insulated material, on the 4×4 bucket truck, while you are around electrical lines.
4) You need to ensure, and this is true even if you install insulating materials on the bucket boom truck, that you do not allow your equipments to act as paths or ways for the electricity to reach the ground.
5) It would be safer for you to wear protective equipments
6) You need to ensure that the insulation barriers as well as the electrical equipments are free from dirt or dust or from any other form of deterioration.
7) You need to ensure that the protective gear that you wear is properly rated and is safe to use.
8) Employees should not try to touch the bucket boom truck, while using utility lines.
4×4 bucket trucks are one of the best trucks for electrical workers or as a matter of fact for anybody. They are strong and versatile: i.e. they can be used for a variety of purposes. Although bucket lift all trucks are mostly used for the purpose of maintaining telecommunication lines and electrical utility lines, there are quite a few other uses for which the trucks can be used. Some of the other uses are given below –
1) Window Washing
2) Hanging decorations for occasions like Christmas
3) Tree trimming
4) Animal Rescue
5) Fruit Picking
6) Stage Performance tools etc.